What are we fundraising for?
We will need funds to carry us through the 4-6 month transition period. We have promised our landlord to be out as close to the end of the year as possible. Here are our challenges:
- This means that we are pressed for this move to happen over the holidays. Normally a busy time at the Center with holiday crafting events. As we are focusing on selling and donating supplies, cleaning out the studio and packing it up, there will come a point, in the near future, when we will be unable to host classes, private parties and open studio. Presently these events fund the majority of our operating budget.
- Planning the move also means we will have less time to plan our fundraising events for the organization which is the majority of what allows us to operate.
- We will have to miss one of our key fundraising opportunities in January, our livestreaming event at Creativation Tradeshow. We have hosted this event for 8 years but it takes an incredible amount of planning and event and volunteer coordination and we will need our volunteers to help with the move so we have decided it is best to skip this year. The winter livestream show funds 2 months of operations each year.
- Moving a 3000 sq. ft. studio with a ceramics studio, metalsmithing studio, tables, chairs, shelving, artwork and not to mention art supplies, will require lots of volunteer hours because it is a complete move. We provide meals and water for volunteers.
- Charity Wings is almost 100% volunteer run and packing and selling will leave us with worn out volunteers so we will likely be required to hire movers to help.
- Memberships bring in about 1/4 of our operating budget each month. During the transition, some members may ask to pause their memberships.
- Moving is hard financially on any business. People have a hard time finding their way to you again even if you move next door. There will be marketing expenses involved in getting our place up and running again.
Why should you support? We will not exist without YOUR help!
Charity Wings Art & Craft Center is a gathering place. Not only for artists and crafters but for people seeking community. In this age of digital overload and disconnect, we provide a space for human interaction and diverse cultural experiences. The center hosts and participates in events for literally thousands of guests each year. This is a safe place, a place without judgement where anyone and everyone can explore creative expression openly. Every community needs a place like this. We are the first: we are hoping to blaze a trail, spread our wings and open gathering places such as this in cities all over the country. It is imperative that Charity Wings survive this transition. As North County has grown, evolving from a collection of small beach cities and rural farmlands to a vital education and innovation hub, places like this bring hope during times of uncertainty and growth.
Please share this campaign!
If you have gotten this far and understand the need for Charity Wings to continue to run and Art & Craft Center, there are three things you can do to help!
- Share this campaign youcaring.com/CharityWings on your social media, newsletters, colleagues and friends. Please use these hashtags #charitywings #giveuswings #art4good
- Donate! We have served almost 100 different charities and causes over the past 11 years. People tell us all the time how important Charity Wings is. They tell us how much they believe in what we do and admire the mission. If you believe like we do, that Charity Wings must exist, Please donate today and Give us Wings and A Place to Gather!
- Contact us if you have a location that we can call home. email@example.com or Elena Lai Etcheverry 619-850-3777
Thank you for your generous support!